We are hiring – Engineer
Job Title: Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Shift Pattern: 3 weekly rotating pattern, with shifts of 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am with 1 in 3 Saturdays 6am-12pm
An integral role within the engineering team, in this position you will play a key role in the overall improvement and optimisation of the factory. Maintaining the equipment with due care and attention at all times ensuring all malfunctions are reported appropriately.
- To cooperate in the mechanics of a continuous improvement environment.
- To fully understand the Health and Safety rules and regulations of the company and take responsible care for your own, and the Health and Safety of others affected by your work.
- To ensure minimal down time is experienced through fault-finding techniques.
- To ensure at all times the appropriate equipment is used and in fit purpose.
- To ensure spares are ordered in the correct manner.
- A high standard of record keeping associated with any process and reporting of errors or non-conformance.
- Effectively communicate with the management team and other departments when required.
- To maintain all safety devices and follow procedure for their operation reporting any malfunctions or misuse as a matter of urgency.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and professionalism in all undertakings
- Approachable, flexible and methodical
- Keen attention to detail, ability to solve issues
- Professionally Qualified Engineer
- Proven multi skilled engineering experience (Troubleshooting, Fault Finding, etc.)
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Continuous improvement knowledge
Engineering supervisor, Engineering team, Warehouse team, Production team
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to HR@duerrs.co.uk.