We are hiring – Production Operative (Double Days)
Job Title: Production Operative
Reporting to: Production Supervisor
Shift Pattern: Rotating pattern Monday to Friday, week 1 6am-2pm, week 2 2pm-10pm
As a Production Operative, you will be responsible for the efficient running of the production lines and ensuring that production plans and targets are met. You will display initiative, reliability, commitment and self- motivation whilst working on the lines, taking ownership of our products and delivering the best quality to all our customers, working in accordance with a ‘right first time’ operating system.
- To ensure the correct raw materials and packaging are available at the work site prior to start of production.
- To start up, run and shut down designated plant to set procedures.
- To follow the daily production plan or department schedule ensuring due care and attention is made with the identification of variety and product types.
- To ensure the correct quality of product is produced / packed with regard to quality assurance systems and procedures.
- To report errors and or non-conformance to specification of product in an efficient and timely manner.
- To be compliant in the use of moving / non-moving mechanical machinery.
- To be competent with the use of pallet and / or fork lift trucks as required by the department you are based.
- To ensure the materials and product are handled in a hygienic environment, safely and to specification in compliance with Food Legislation and site codes of practice.
- To ensure good hygiene and housekeeping standards are employed at all times. Ensure clean as you go and routine cleans are carried out as instructed.
- To ensure that plant and equipment is operated with due care and attention. Ensure any malfunctions are reported appropriately.
- To cooperate in the mechanics of a continuous improvement environment.
- To fully understand the Health & Safety rules and regulations of the Company and that of the Health & Safety Act.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and professionalism in all undertakings
- Approachable, flexible and methodical
- Keen attention to detail, ability to solve issues
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to ensure good manufacturing, housekeeping, hygiene, and health and safety standards throughout shifts
- Adapts well to a fast paced, high-pressured environment
- Experience of working within FMCG/Food manufacturing
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to HR@duerrs.co.uk.