We are hiring – QA Manager
Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reporting To: Senior Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum DOA
Shift Pattern: 39 hours, Monday to Friday, Days.
To effectively manage and be responsible for the co-ordination of key Quality Assurance tasks within the F Duerr & Sons nut butter operation. Be responsible for the line management and training of the QA Team in the Dallimore Road site, ensuring adequate skills cover to keep standards maintained.
To promote a continuous improvement environment with regard to efficiency and accuracy of systems within the QA department, playing an integral role in the compliance of official standards (CLAS, BRC & HACCP) and that of specific customer requirements.
- To ensure that systems and procedures are being followed to attain the Company’s required Product Quality, Safety and Legality from raw material preparation through to finished goods
- To communicate with Production and Engineering departments to ensure conformance to both product and process specification is achieved on a continuous basis, and that non-compliance’s are identified and investigated to find root cause, implementing corrective actions
- Use the most appropriate communication channels to ensure key stakeholders, direct reports, and cross functional teams within the business are kept informed on a regular basis of all relevant information.
- To effectively co-manage the Company HACCP system.
- To be responsible for the administration tasks associated with key QA systems, including HACCP, GMP, CLAS, internal audits, training and others deemed reasonable by the Senior QA Manager.
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of the laboratories sampling scheme.
- To work with the Health & Safety Manager in ensuring that risk assessments are kept up to date, and to make recommendations of Health & Safety improvements and ensure corrective action / improvement initiatives are communicated.
- To be responsible for the upkeep and reporting of analysis data associated with the manufacturing department, the objective being to make sustainable improvements on cost and efficiency.
- To manage the general maintenance of the laboratories including purchase of equipment used and maintenance of calibration and servicing agreements.
- To ensure effective investigation through to root cause and preventive action of customer complaints.
- To provide support and manage direct reports in line with company policies and procedures, including absence, return to works and any potential disciplinary and grievances and carry out annual performance appraisals for direct reports.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree level education related to science or food science.
- Experience in the food industry working in a lab, at least supervisory level.
- Experience of BRC and retailer codes of practice knowledge
- HACCP level 4 / advanced qualification
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to HR@duerrs.co.uk.