We are hiring – QA Supervisor
Job Title: Quality Assurance Supervisor
Reporting To: Quality Assurance Manager
Salary: £31,750 plus shift allowance
Shift Pattern: Rotating – Week 1 – Monday to Thursday 06:00-14:00 Friday 06:00-13:00 / Week 2 Monday to Thursday 14:00-22:00 Friday 13:00-20:00.
Some flexibility may be required
To be responsible for all Quality Assurance issues during production.
To manage a team ensuring adequate skills cover required, to keep the standards maintained.
To promote a continuous improvement environment with regard to efficiency and accuracy of the products we produce.
To ensure compliance to official standards (CLAS, BRC, customer codes of practice & HACCP) are maintained at all times, and that the site is audit ready.
- To ensure compliance with statutory requirements, F Duerr & Sons Ltd Health & Safety Policy, and Good Manufacturing Practices, ensuring that product is manufactured in a hygienic environment, safely and to specification in compliance with Food Legislation, F Duerr & Sons Ltd site codes of practice and customer codes of practice.
- To manage an effective Quality Assurance service to the business with specific emphasis on creating a ‘right first time’ operating system, keeping non-conforming product to a minimum and ensuring correct procedure is followed with regard to the specific requirements of items or product on ‘hold’.
- To ensure good communications are maintained within the organisation, working with Production, Hygiene and Engineering departments, to use their knowledge and skills to identify problems and implement opportunities.
- To identify training needs within the department and ensure adequate skilled cover that assures the ability to produce to standard performance, ensuring accurate analysis takes place within the department, of the product, process and packaging.
- To ensure all staff members are aware of the individual products requirements and encourage the ability to identify problems and report on them, creating and maintaining a continuous improvement environment and an audit ready focus.
- To provide an auditing role of all technical activities within the Production process. To be able to provide a due diligence defence on all aspects of product legality and quality.
- To create a high level of motivation within your team through sound leadership.
- To identify potential benefits with new methods and procedure and maintain the laboratory CLAS standard of accreditation
- To ensure HACCP studies are kept up to date and the information provided communicated accurately.
Skills and Experience Required:
HACCP Team leadership
Good communication skills
Good knowledge of excel
Advanced HACCP certification
Previous supervisory experience
QA teams, QA Manager, Senior QA Manager, operational teams, technical teams
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to HR@duerrs.co.uk.