Marmalade fans from across the country have revealed the strangest ways to enjoy marmalade.
From adding to cocktails to using in a cheese toasty, fans of the sticky, zesty goodness have been sharing their unique and tasty recipe ideas – here are some of the quirkiest suggestions from fans:
- Add a frozen zing to summer cocktails – Freeze the marmalade in small blobs and add to your preferred tipple – ideal for a fruity cocktail or great for adding a zesty, fresh bite to a G&T.
- Spread generously on a Weetabix – a crispy and fruity snack perfect at any time of day.
- Cheese and marmalade toasty – cut through the rich flavours of cheese with a layer of tasty tangy marmalade.
- Marmalade roasted ham – creates a tasty and sticky glaze that creates a jacket, making a moist ham.
- Camembert topping – replace the traditional chutney with a tangy marmalade for a new take on the dish.
- Chicken marmalade tray bake – marinade the chicken with marmalade, olive oil, garlic and mustard to create a tasty, sticky punchy chicken that the whole family will enjoy.
Duerr’s Fine Cut (340g), Thick Cut (340g) and Half Sugar (300g) marmalades are now available in Sainsbury’s and Morrisons. The Manchester Marmalade (340g) is currently available in Tesco stores across the North West, with an RRP of £1.39.
We recently donated hundreds of jars of our preserves to support Feeding Birkenhead’s community shop.
Back in February we donated 300 jars of its jams, marmalades, honey and peanut butter to Number 7, a Feeding Birkenhead citizen’s cafe and supermarket.
The non-profit food shop aims to help build the community’s resilience against hunger, utilising good quality food supplies to enable individuals and families on low incomes to purchase food at heavily reduced prices.
Mark Duerr, managing director of F Duerr & Sons said:
“We are thrilled to be supporting Feeding Birkenhead’s citizen’s shop – it’s such a fantastic organisation and the work they do is vitally important to the local community.
“Our family business is committed to supporting families across the North West and we are thrilled to be able to donate our products for all to enjoy.”
Kay Penkethman, manager of Feeding Birkinhead’s Number 7 supermarket said:
“We’re delighted with the donations from Duerr’s. The product range and variety is the perfect addition to our store and we have no doubt that they will be enjoyed by families across Birkenhead.”
We’ve been producing high-quality and innovative jams, marmalades, sweet spreads and condiments from our two sites in Manchester for over 135 years.
We’re set to make every morning a little more merry this December with our festive preserves advent calendar.
Behind every door you’ll find a selection of miniature traditional and spirit infused jams and marmalades, with the main door concealing an extra big festive treat for Christmas Eve.
Gin, rum, vodka, amaretto, kirsch & malt whisky are all paired with everyone’s favourite fruits – perfect for those of you who have been ‘good’ all year!
The Duerr’s Preserves Advent Calendar is available exclusively from Costco warehouses nationwide, RRP £12.50 per unit
Discover our kids’ breakfast recipes for using marmalade and have a go at making your own. All these recipes are simple to make and packed full of lovely fruit. Introducing marmalade is great way to widen your little one’s palate and with so many options here they’re bound to find something they’ll love.
Fruit & marmalade yoghurt lollipops
- Blend together natural yoghurt and fruit of choice with a spoonful of marmalade
- Add sliced fruit of choice to mixture and pour into ice lolly moulds
- Leave to freeze overnight
Fruit & marmalade smoothie
- Blend together yoghurt, strawberries, banana and a spoonful of marmalade
- Serve in empty Duerr’s jar
Orange breakfast pots
- Peel orange and place segments into an empty Duerr’s jar
- Mix natural yoghurt with a spoonful of marmalade and layer on top of orange
- Add layer of granola and garnish slice of orange
3 ingredient marmalade pancakes
- Whisk together eggs, flour and milk
- Fry and drizzle with marmalade and strawberries to serve
Duerr’s recently joined The Joshua Tree charity to start work on a new adventure playground in Cheshire designed specifically for children living with the life-changing experience of childhood cancer.
The playground is being made possible thanks to a massive donation of £40,000, which was raised at our annual ball which took place in November last year.
The £40k we raised will build a brand new all-ability playground at the support centre The Joshua Tree is building in Sandiway, Northwich and is due to open in 2019.
The Joshua Tree charity supports families across the North West and North Wales living with childhood cancer, providing help that is tailored to their needs.
The extensive, all access outdoor play area will provide families visiting its centre with a vital chance to play without risk of infection; a crucial consideration for immunosuppressed children who are advised not to play in public playcentres or playgrounds when undergoing treatment.
It will also provide families with a space to receive therapy through play, enabling them to build memories together during a challenging time.
Special features will include a story telling chair, musical play, an outdoor gym, rope climbs, scramble nets and a water wall. All of which are designed to encourage imaginative and social play and to allow children of different abilities to play side by side.
Join us to make a difference… We are hosting another Duerr’s spectacular this November. Join us in raising money for Cashforkids. Call 0161 946 0535 for more information.
Looking for easy ways to entertain your pup using Peamutt Butter? We asked our Official Peamutt Butter Taster his favourite ways to enjoy the tasty treat and stay busy…
- Barkin’ good biscuits: The most delicious post-walkies treat! My human often whips up a batch when I’ve been an extra good boy – but I could eat them all day, everyday! Find my pal Honey’s secret recipe here.
- Can’t go wrong in a kong: Yum, the classic! I could spend hours chewing on my kong, especially when my human adds in a big scoop of Peamutt Butter. I absolutely love it and she’s glad that it keeps me from stealing her socks, teehee!
- Bath time: I really, really hate baths – who wants to smell like daisies when I could be rolling around in lovely, squishy mud? Much more fun! But a dollop of Peamutt Butter on the side of the bath definitely makes my least favourite time of the week more bearable.
- Pawsitively perfect pupcakes: On super special occasions (like Sundays), my human treats me to these woof-tastic canine-friendly cupcakes. She loves that they’re really quick and easy to make, and I love that they’re so tasty!
- Straight from the jar: …Guilty! The perfect end to a ruff day chasing leaves, I just can’t get enough.