We’ve teamed up with baking extraordinaire, Kim-Joy, to create this stunning Swiss Roll using our deliciously tasty, tangy marmalade.
This beautiful Marmalade Swiss Roll is a light and soft sponge filled with Duerr’s fruity marmalade and indulgent vanilla double cream. Whether you like your marmalade thick or thin cut, this recipe is perfect!
Striking but simple, you’ll have lots of fun making this using Kim-Joy’s easy step-by-step method.
Go on, give it a go and impress your friends and family with this super tasty bake!
Ready, steady bake!
For the decorative paste:
For the cake:
For the filling:
1) Grease a rectangular 15×10” Swiss Roll tin, then line the base with greaseproof paper. Draw your orange design on the back of the greaseproof paper with a pencil.
2) Make the decorative paste. Cream together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg white and flour. Divide into two, and dye one half orange, leave the other half white.
3) Pipe the orange details first, then place the tray in the freezer to harden, before adding the white paste in the gaps on top. Place the tray back in the freezer while you make the cake batter
4) Preheat the oven to 180C (fan).
5) Whisk together the eggs and caster sugar on high speed for 7 minutes. Add the green food dye, and sift in the self-raising flour, and then carefully fold in to avoid deflating the batter.
6) Spread the batter over the top of the piped design. Bake for 10 minutes until spongy on top.
7) Carefully turn out on to a chopping board. Then immediately flip on to a clean damp tea towel and trim all the edges. Immediately roll up using the baking paper and tea towel to help (starting from the side without the decoration). Remove the baking paper as you go along. Leave the cake to cool fully while wrapped in the tea towel.
8) When it is cooled, carefully unroll it. Then spread marmalade over it. Whip the double cream with the vanilla paste to soft peaks. Spread the cream on top. Re-roll it up, and enjoy!
Share your marmalade-inspired creations with us on social media @Duerrs1881. Happy baking!