Mincemeat Strudel Recipe
The filo adds a crunch and allows the indulgent mincemeat flavours to shine through. Delicious with cream or custard (and a warming mulled wine.)
- 1 medium sized egg, beaten with pinch of salt
- 3 sheets ready-made filo pastry
- 1 jar Duerr’s Luxury 1881 Mincemeat
- Ground mixed spice
- Cream or custard to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Place a sheet of the filo on a large baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg. Layer on the second and third sheets, brushing the top of both with the beaten egg.
- Spoon the mincemeat along one edge of the layered filo sheets before rolling into a large sausage shape. Seal the edges securely with beaten egg and lightly dust with the mixed spice.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
- When done, transfer to a serving plate with a jug of cream and custard to dollop on top.