Swiss Roll Recipe
115g (4 oz) caster sugar
3 large eggs
115g (4 oz) self-raising flour
130g (4½ oz) Duerr’s Rhubarb & Custard Homebaking Jam
Butter for greasing
- Neatly line the base with greaseproof paper and lightly grease a swiss roll tin (approx 30cm x 24cm or 12” x 9”) with a little butter.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6).
- Break the eggs and put the sugar in a large bowl.
- Whisk until the mixture is light and creamy
- Sift the flour into the bowl.
- Gently fold the flour into the mixture using a large metal spoon or spatula in order to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Pour the mixture into the swiss roll tin. Smooth over using the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Place in a pre-heated oven for about 6 – 7 minutes until lightly golden in colour and slightly firm to touch.
- While the sponge is in the oven, lay a clean cloth on your work surface and place a sheet of greaseproof paper on top. Dust the paper liberally with caster sugar.
- Turn the sponge out onto the sugared paper. Remove the tin and greaseproof paper lining it from the sponge.
- Stir the rhubarb & custard homebaking jam until spreadable, then quickly spread over the sponge.
- Begin rolling the sponge towards you by pulling the greaseproof paper. Ensure the sponge is rolling tightly.
- When rolled, place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool.