Jammy Biscuits Recipe
Fantastic recipe for kids and kitchen novices alike, taken from our family archives. A real childhood favourite!
This recipe makes about 15 biscuits
75g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cornflour
Your favourite Duerr’s jam – we used Strawberry and Seedless Raspberry
Icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C fan / 180˚C conventional.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, add the vanilla before gradually adding the egg.
- Sift in the flours and stir well to make a dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to 3mm thick. Use a plain cutter to cut out discs. Remove the centre from half of the discs with a cutter shape of your choice.
- Carefully transfer to baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper or parchment and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once golden remove from the oven. Cool, then spread the half the plain biscuits with jam, top with a shaped biscuit and dust with icing sugar.