Spinach, Pancetta and Pecorino Salad with Marmalade Dressing
1 heaped tbsp Duerr’s Half Sugar Seville Marmalade
1 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
2 tbsp light olive oil or other mild vegetable oil (not extra virgin)
1 tbsp cold water
Pinch dried chilli flakes (optional)
60g pack diced pancetta (smoked or unsmoked)
50g fine green beans (washed)
50g baby spinach leaves (washed)
Small handful flat-leaf parsley leaves (whole leaves not chopped)
1 tbsp toasted walnuts or hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
30g hard Pecorino cheese
- First make the dressing by combining the marmalade with the vinegar in a medium sized bowl. Whisk to dissolve, add the water, chillies and then the oil and whisk again. Set aside. Alternatively place all the dressing ingredients into an empty and clean Duerr’s marmalade jar, screw on the lid and shake well.
- Fry the pancetta in a non-stick pan until nicely browned then remove and drain on a piece of kitchen paper.
- Steam the beans for a minute or two until just tender, then drain and cool in cold water.
- Place the salad leaves in a serving bowl and scatter over the pancetta, cooled beans, parsley and nuts. Season with pepper (but no salt as there’s enough in the bacon and cheese).
- Use a speed peeler to carefully shave the Pecorino over the top, then finish with a drizzle of the dressing.