We are hiring – PNB Production Chargehand
Job Title: PNB Production Chargehand
Reporting to: PNB Shift Manager
Shift Pattern: Nights Monday to Friday 12 hour shifts including days and nights (07:00am – 19:00pm / 19:00pm – 07:00am)
To assist the management team in ensuring the planned quantity of product is produced to specification, whilst maintaining standards of product and people safety. To keep abreast of changes within the company as a whole and promote a continuous improvement environment with regard to efficiency and accuracy of the products we produce.
- To ensure the correct raw materials and packaging are available at the work site prior to start of production.
- To ensure the staff allocated to the work area hold the relevant skills and qualifications.
- To be skilled in all areas of the operation you are in charge of. Move towards gaining skills and experience in a timely and effective manner in areas of weakness.
- To start up, run and shut down designated plant to set procedures.
- To follow the daily production plan or department schedule ensuring due care and attention is made with the identification of the variety and product types.
- To ensure the correct quality of product is produced / packed with regard to quality assurance systems and procedures.
- To ensure efficient running conditions are met whilst minimising down time.
- To train others as requested by the management team. Ensure the standards are met as required by F Duerr & Sons Ltd procedures.
- To be proactive in the reporting of errors and or non-conformance to specification of product and machinery.
- To ensure a high standard is met as required by F Duerr & Sons with regard to record keeping associated with any process.
- To be compliant to the standards expected in the use of moving / non-moving mechanical machinery.
- To effectively communicate with the management team and or other departments as and when required.
- To operate the plant when there are times of absence on the line.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Confidentiality and professionalism in all undertakings
- Approachable, flexible, and methodical
- Keen attention to detail, ability to solve issues
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Able to ensure good manufacturing, housekeeping, hygiene and health and safety standards throughout shifts
- Adapts well to fast paced, high-pressured environment
- Experience working within a Food FMCG environment
- Previous experience of leading and developing a team
If you are interested in this role, please apply via Indeed or email your CV to HR@duerrs.co.uk.