Every day is a treat day when you make marmalade flapjacks using the oh so fruity Duerr’s Sunny Seville Fine Cut marmalade. Try them for yourself using this simple recipe…
225g unsalted butter
125g dark soft brown sugar
150g orange marmalade
Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
2 tbsp black treacle
400g rolled oats
– Cover the raisins with boiling water, leave for 10 minutes to soften and swell, then drain.
– Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the brown sugar, marmalade, orange zest and treacle, and bring just to a boil.
– Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and drained raisins.
– Line a 25cm square tin or similar with foil, spoon in the mixture and pack it down evenly, right into the corners.
– Heat the oven to 180C (160C fan-assisted)/350F/gas mark 4 and bake for about 25 minutes, until lightly coloured at the edges.
– Remove from the oven and leave until warm before cutting into squares.
Trade bible The Grocer interviewed Richard Duerr in detail for their report on the Spreads market, published today. Quoted inRead more
#FlashbackFriday to 1985 when Duerr’s pioneered the use of Polytubs as catering packs which could resealed and reused – goodbyeRead more