There’s nothing quite like roast beef with the family on a weekend. So why not make it extra special by glazing the beef with Duerr’s marmalade.
Here’s the full recipe if you fancy giving it a try (recipe courtesy of www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk):
1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean beef topside, boneless rib or sirloin joint
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
10ml/2tsp English mustard powder
3 large garlic cloves, peeled and cut into slivers
120ml/8tbsp Duerr’s Classic Thick Cut Orange Marmalade
45ml/3tbsp fresh orange juice
30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
– Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
– Place the topside joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the joint and season and rub with the mustard. Push the garlic slivers into the slits.
– Place the joint on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich beefy juices.
– In a small bowl, mix together the Duerr’s marmalade, orange juice and parsley. Divide the mixture between two separate bowls.
– 20-25 minutes before the end of the cooking time remove the joint and brush with the marmalade mixture from one of the bowls to glaze and return to the oven.
– Serve the beef with roasted, new potatoes, parsnips, seasonal green vegetables, gravy and the untouched glaze from the second bowl.
A little piece of Paris appeared at The Point at Old Trafford Cricket ground on Saturday night as 300 guestsRead more
We’re enjoying ours with Duerr’s Strawberry Jam and a big dollop of clotted cream ? ☕Read more