There’s nothing quite like roast beef with the family on a weekend. So why not make it extra special by glazing the beef with Duerr’s marmalade.
Here’s the full recipe if you fancy giving it a try (recipe courtesy of www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk):
1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean beef topside, boneless rib or sirloin joint
Salt and freshly milled black pepper
10ml/2tsp English mustard powder
3 large garlic cloves, peeled and cut into slivers
120ml/8tbsp Duerr’s Classic Thick Cut Orange Marmalade
45ml/3tbsp fresh orange juice
30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
– Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
– Place the topside joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the joint and season and rub with the mustard. Push the garlic slivers into the slits.
– Place the joint on a metal rack in a large roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any rich beefy juices.
– In a small bowl, mix together the Duerr’s marmalade, orange juice and parsley. Divide the mixture between two separate bowls.
– 20-25 minutes before the end of the cooking time remove the joint and brush with the marmalade mixture from one of the bowls to glaze and return to the oven.
– Serve the beef with roasted, new potatoes, parsnips, seasonal green vegetables, gravy and the untouched glaze from the second bowl.
Evel Knievel was joined by Elvis, Saturday Night Fever and the stars of ABBA at Duerr’s charity ball held on 17thRead more
Happy National Sponge Cake Day…we don’t know about you but we’ll be making this oh so tasty marmalade cake (recipeRead more