Want a sure fire way to impress your friends at your next dinner party, why not try this super tasty marmalade souffle.
3 Tbls. sugar + more for the ramekins
2/3 cups Duerr’s Sunny Seville Fine Cut Marmalade
1 Tbls. lemon juice
1 Tbls. orange liqueur
2 egg whites
pinch of cream of tartar
Makes 6 individual soufflees (in 6 oz. ramekins)
– Bake the souffles on the bottom rack so move the top rack to give your souffles about six inches of headroom.
– Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
– Coat the ramekins with butter and sugar by generously buttering the insides, making sure to get in all the corners.Then put a spoonful of sugar in one and roll it around in the ramekin until it coats the bottom and sides. When it’s coated tap the excess sugar out into the next ramekin and repeat.
– Make the marmalade mixture by putting the marmalade into a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice and orange liqueur to the bowl. Whisking it all together until it’s uniform. Then set it aside.
– In a separate bowl beat the egg whites to stiff peaks making sure not to get any yolks in the whites. Add a pinch of cream of tartar – beating the egg whites until they’re frothy.
– When egg whites start to get thick and opaque, start to sprinkle in the sugar little by little, beating as you go. Stop beating when they hold a stiff peak.
– Scoop about a third of your beaten egg whites into the bowl with the marmalade mixture. Gently fold them in so as to knock as little air out of the egg whites as possible. When you’ve incorporated the egg whites, fold in another third. Then fold in the last third.
– Fill each ramekin about halfway being careful not to overfill them.
– Put the ramekins on a sheet pan. Pop the pan into your preheated oven.
– Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the top is a nutty brown colour.
– Serve them immediately.
We found the world’s luckiest man! Frane Selak from Croatia has survived one train crash, one plane crash – whenRead more
Britain’s oldest jam and marmalade maker is helping Sale and Altrincham Mencap to care for even more members with theirRead more