Makes: 10 large biscuits
100g Duerr’s Fine Cut Sunny Seville Marmalade
100g unsalted butter (melted)
50g golden syrup or honey
25g light soft brown sugar
125g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan/180°C conventional/Gas 4.
- Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl then stir in the oats.
- Add the marmalade, butter, syrup or honey into a heavy based saucepan and gently heat until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved, making sure not to let it bubble. You may need to whisk a little to break up the marmalade properly.
- Pour the warm mixture over the dry ingredients in the bowl and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Place heaped tablespoons of mixture onto the parchment lined sheets, leaving plenty of space in between for the biscuits to spread.
- Bake for 12 minutes until lightly golden, allow to cool for a minute on the tray, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.