Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheesecake
Makes: one large Cheesecake
Prep time: approx 30 minutes, cooking time: 40 minutes, plus cooling time
For the base:
200g digestive biscuits
75g dark chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
For the filling:
500g cream cheese
4 large eggs, beaten
250g Duerr’s Smooth Peanut Butter
1tsp vanilla extract
150ml soured cream
For the topping:
75ml double or whipping cream
75g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1 tbs Duerr’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas 4
- Line a 24cm diameter round springform tin with non-stick paper and place on a baking tray.
- Make the base – place the biscuits, sugar and butter into a food processor and whizz until the biscuits are all broken up and the butter is evenly mixed. Tip into the tin and press firmly into the base. Sprinkle over the chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips) and set aside.
- Place all the filling ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth then carefully pour over the base. Some of the chocolate will float to the top. Bake for 40 minutes. The cheesecake is ready when the the outside edges are set but the middle is still slightly wobbly. Turn off the oven and leave in the oven to cool for half an hour or so, then lift out and allow to cool completely before making the topping.
- To make the topping, melt the chocolate and cream together in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add the peanut butter and stir well to combine then spoon over the top of the cheesecake.