Mincemeat Crumble with Apple, Almond, Brandy & Ginger Recipe
For the filling:
1 lb 8 oz (700 g) Bramley cooking apples
8 oz (225 g) Cox’s apples
6 tablespoons Duerr’s brandy & ginger luxury mincemeat
1 oz (25 g) light brown soft sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
For the crumble:
4 oz (110 g) whole almonds,
3 oz (75 g) chillled butter, cubes
6 oz (175 g) self-raising flour, sifted
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 4 oz (110 g)
- Peel, core and quarter the apples, then cut into reasonably thick slices.
- Place the Duerr’s brandy and ginger mincemeat, sugar, cinnamon and ground cloves into a bowl, then add the apples and mix to coat with the mincemeat mixture. Transfer to baking dish, and leave to one side.
- Sift the flour and add the butter. Rub the flour and butter together lightly until they fall into what look like breadcrumbs.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar, and stir into the breadcrumb-like mixture.
- Use a sharp knife to finely chop the almonds, then mix into the crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture all over the apples, spreading it right up to the edges of the dish. Press it down firmly, then cook for 35-40 minutes until the topping is golden brown.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes or until cool enough to eat before serving.