Marmalade fans from across the country have revealed the strangest ways to enjoy marmalade.
From adding to cocktails to using in a cheese toasty, fans of the sticky, zesty goodness have been sharing their unique and tasty recipe ideas – here are some of the quirkiest suggestions from fans:
- Add a frozen zing to summer cocktails – Freeze the marmalade in small blobs and add to your preferred tipple – ideal for a fruity cocktail or great for adding a zesty, fresh bite to a G&T.
- Spread generously on a Weetabix – a crispy and fruity snack perfect at any time of day.
- Cheese and marmalade toasty – cut through the rich flavours of cheese with a layer of tasty tangy marmalade.
- Marmalade roasted ham – creates a tasty and sticky glaze that creates a jacket, making a moist ham.
- Camembert topping – replace the traditional chutney with a tangy marmalade for a new take on the dish.
- Chicken marmalade tray bake – marinade the chicken with marmalade, olive oil, garlic and mustard to create a tasty, sticky punchy chicken that the whole family will enjoy.
Duerr’s Fine Cut (340g), Thick Cut (340g) and Half Sugar (300g) marmalades are now available in Sainsbury’s and Morrisons. The Manchester Marmalade (340g) is currently available in Tesco stores across the North West, with an RRP of £1.39.