This recipe for jaffa load is a must for any self respecting marmalade lover…
3 tbsps Duerr’s Sunny Seville Fine Cut marmalade
150g tub 0% fat plain yogurt
3 medium eggs
175g golden caster sugar
175g spreadable butter
175g self-raising flour
30g cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
Zest of 1 large orange
For the glaze:
Juice of ½ an orange
5 tbsps Duerr’s Sunny Seville Fine Cut marmalade
22 x 8cm continental loaf tin or 900g loaf tin, buttered and strip-lined
Set the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas Mark 3. Warm the marmalade, beat in the yogurt and set aside.
Beat the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl until smooth. Quickly beat in the yogurt and spoon the mixture into the tin.
Bake for about 1¼ hours or until a skewer, when inserted, comes out clean. Check loaf after an hour.
Leave in the tin for 10 mins to cool. Make holes in it with the skewer.
To make the glaze: Bring the orange juice to the boil in a small pan, then add the marmalade and heat until bubbling and smooth. Spoon it over the cake. Leave to cool in the tin.
Ever need a little lift to brighten your day? Why not turn your empty Duerr’s jar into a memory jar filled with all your favourite memories? That way there’ll be there ready to turn that frown upside down when you need a little ‘pick me up’
Every day is a treat day when you make marmalade flapjacks using the oh so fruity Duerr’s Sunny Seville Fine Cut marmalade. Try them for yourself using this simple recipe…
225g unsalted butter
125g dark soft brown sugar
150g orange marmalade
Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
2 tbsp black treacle
400g rolled oats
– Cover the raisins with boiling water, leave for 10 minutes to soften and swell, then drain.
– Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the brown sugar, marmalade, orange zest and treacle, and bring just to a boil.
– Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and drained raisins.
– Line a 25cm square tin or similar with foil, spoon in the mixture and pack it down evenly, right into the corners.
– Heat the oven to 180C (160C fan-assisted)/350F/gas mark 4 and bake for about 25 minutes, until lightly coloured at the edges.
– Remove from the oven and leave until warm before cutting into squares.
Yet again it was a month where we found it really difficult to pick just one winner for our creative competition. But we are pleased to let announce that April’s winner is Mandy Kingwell with her gorgeous solar lanterns
Congratulations Mandy, the full range of Duerr’s brand new marmalades and citrus conserves are on their way to you!